New Boat - Acceptance Survey
Sadly many new boats are poorly prepared by dealers due to time, money and staff constraints. Also the optional extra equipment that is fitted in many cases is not correct for the type of yacht or anticipated usage and is miss-sold.
We at Hamble Marine Surveys offer a full service whereby we act as your consultant to oversee every aspect of the new build process. This type of service is normally described as an Acceptance Survey. Our experience with new boat sales and commissioning and fit-out over the past 10 years gives us a unique skill set so that we can act for the purchaser in the following areas:
- Advice on clients accounts, contracts and paying of funds
- Advice on new build specification and what to factory fit or not
- Overseeing hull coating preparation and antifouling
- Overseeing rig preparation and sails
- Optional equipment fit-out including safety equipment
- Sea trial and handover
- Post handover checks and snagging
As dealers for Ocean Safety Equipment we are able to advise on the best type of safety equipment for you, your boat and its usage. Our motivation is based upon experience and being a fellow yachtsman. We offer to supply and fit equipment giving you peace of mind knowing that you and your family are safe with the correct equipment onboard and also knowing it has been stowed or installed correctly.
Contact us to arrange a meeting to discuss your purchase.